Wednesday, August 8, 2012

2 Months Out!!

My sister so kindly reminded me today that I have not posted for a month. So this post is dedicated to Candice!! I keep thinking about writing, and I have even started a couple of times, but I really really want to post pictures of myself and the progress I have made since the last pics. BUT, I wont do it. You don't get any pictures again until my show. :)



I can't believe how close it is getting! Only two months and I will be up on stage competing with amazing men and women who truly understand everything it takes to get to there. I am seeing changes almost daily in my body now and I love it! My trainer told me today that my body is shifting over to burning more fat. I can really tell when I don't push myself quite as hard as I usually do. The next day I am always disappointed. But it makes it easier to push myself most days.



I recently had some changes happen with work and it has made it hard to get to the gym everyday. But I havent missed. I cant miss. I am at that point now where every day counts. EVERY SINGLE DAY. I can't wake up and decide, "I am tired and sore from yesterday. I think I will just skip today...and maybe have some of those cookies sitting on the counter..." Its not even an option. I have to be dedicated 110%. I can't get up on that stage and with regrets or wonder "what if".



 I am lucky enough to be surrounded by people who support me and help me get closer to my goals. Well, most people. There are ones who believe I have become obsessed with working out and someone even said that I must be anorexic. After all, you cant lose weight and get in shape if you aren't right?? It makes me laugh. I follow a very strict nutrition plan and I exercise a lot. I spend about 15 hours a week at the gym and another few exercising other ways. But this is only temporary. I am training to compete. I need to be in the absolute best shape possible. Once I have finished, my diet will relax some and workouts wont be as often or as long. But this is my life now. I am not obsessed, I have just realized what I and my body are capable of and I want to be the best I can be. I wont quit until I get there either. My children and family are still my top priorities and I a lot of why I am doing this is for them. I had gotten to a point in my life where I didnt want to do anything. I didnt want to go anywhere or play outside with the kids. I didnt even want to sit out while they played. I wasnt the best mom I could be and I am working on changing that now. I play with my girls every day now. We go on long walks and bike rides. We are having so much fun!


Anyway, I will stop here. I could ramble on all night. I hope I am able to motivate someone to be a better person today. Whether it is by eating better, doing something more with your children, or just taking some time for yourself. Be all that you can be!!


4 comments:

  1. Marci! I am totally stalking you on here!! I need to know what this plan is that you're doing. Do you have it written down somewhere?
    Chad and I are thinking about starting a family, but I told him that I don't even want to think about getting pregnant unless I lose 30 lbs. I have been having such a hard time finding motivation, but this blog is so inspiring!
    Thank you and keep up the great work!
    xx
    -Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! I am using a trainer. He gives me my workouts and nutrition plan and once a week he will adjust it based on my results. I dont ever actually workout with him so its all up to me. I think he is amazing and he answers any dumb questions I have whenever I ask. lol His website is teamheugly.com if you want to check it out more. He is soooo worth it! I'm glad I am inspiring! I am definitely trying! :)

      Delete
    2. ps I am now down to 10 lbs less than I weighed in high school. Even after having 3 kids!! Its awesome! I am in the best shape of my life and I am getting even better. :)

      Delete
    3. That's so great! I'm so happy for you!!
      I'll definitely check them out!
      Thank you and good luck!

      Delete